Once again we have to prepare for the possibility of snow disruption this winter, although we really hope this will not be the case.
In the event of snow/ice we will aim to clear a single route from Upper Drove and Ashfield Road into the school buildings. This means the other paths e.g. from the bottom of the field, will be closed.
When we have had snow in the last few years the communication system has worked pretty well. The following is a reminder of the procedure. Please cut this out and put it somewhere safe:
1) Hampshire County Council website will update with the latest news across the area:
2) Website: Where possible, we will add messages on our own websites updating everyone.
3) ParentMail/Tucasi Mail: We will send out a text message / email via Tucasi mail. Obviously if the snow is widespread there are many thousands of schools using the same network so it can take longer than usual for messages to get through. If you have not registered for this service but would like to do so then please contact the offices.
4) Telephone: When possible a message will be left on the school phones as soon as possible, however, with limited lines available the websites should be the first place to check.
5) The Breeze Andover (who broadcast on 106.4 FM) will add to their website a list of schools that are closed (or partially closed.)They usually do this very quickly and their website is www.thebreeze.com - you can then choose 'Andover.'
As previously, we may decide to have a staggered opening with pupils being allowed to arrive anytime up to 10am. This allows those from further away to get here safely but also spreads the amount of traffic in and around the site. We will always try to take a decision as early as possible and would hope to inform you by 7:30 in the morning if we are forced to close.
We will do everything we can to remain open, closing a school is never a decision taken lightly.
See full Snow Procedures letter - click below